No, I am NOT kidding. Capture the glorious sweet potatoes fabulous versatility when you learn to "Do The 180°" with me!
Well, I am a burger LOVER!!!!
I am a taco LOVER!!!! I am a fresh sandwich ingredient piled on toast LOVER!!! Would you trust me if I weren't??? Bonus, I am also a Sweet Potato lover and I have a strong creative flare!
Oh, and did I mention, I am absolutely in LOVE with my air-fryer!
So, what is a girl who loves burgers, tacos, toast AND abs to do?
Take that extra lean meat and the sweet potato serving in her meal plan and get creative!
And that girls and boys is how glorious things like these are born!
For the "toast/bun":
1. I took my sweet potato serving that was part of my meal plan (6 oz in this case) and I peeled and then thinly sliced lengthwise the FATTEST sweet potato I could find. Think "bun" and you need the surface big enough after it's done in the air fryer to at least to have small "slider" size burgers. Or, a few "finger" sandwiches like I have in the pictures above. You will want them sliced thin, maybe a 1/4 in. thick at most.
2. I then LIGHTLY sprayed them with my avocado oil spray and sprinkled McCormick Grills Chipotle Garlic seasoning on them, along with some coarsely ground sea salt.
3. I cook them in the air fryer, checking often. I flip them halfway through. For my air fryer, this is a total of fewer than 20 minutes, and I cook them on the setting for fresh fries.
For the Sweet Potato Tortilla/Taco Shell
1. I took a sweet potato that I had baked previously, so it was cooked and soft already and weighed out my serving size (6 oz in this case).
2. I took a piece of waxed paper and cut it out just smaller than the basket in my air fryer so that the air could circulate. I piled the soft, cooked sweet potato on the waxed paper and spread it out nice and thin, in a large circle like a tortilla.
3. I then LIGHTLY sprayed the top side with my avocado oil spray and sprinkled McCormick Grills Chipotle Garlic seasoning on it, along with some coarsely ground sea salt.
4. I cooked it in the air fryer, checking often. I flipped it halfway through and when I flipped it I also removed the wax paper. I had it on the paper only because I worried that it would just "goo" through the basket until it was somewhat cooked. For my air fryer, this is a total of fewer than 20 minutes, and I cooked it on the setting for fresh fries.
While the sweet potato cooks I take the serving size of avocado I can have for that meal, and I mash it. (In this case, it was 3 oz)
It will be my "mayonnaise" for my burger or chicken salad sandwich or the "soft and gooeyness" of my taco, to replace cheese and sour cream.
I dice cherry tomatoes, chop lettuce and red onion as well as jalapenos for my toppings of tacos or burgers and use this as the salad mix for my chicken salad.
I take 1- lb of lean meat --- 98% lean--- and prepare the meat the way you'd like. Burger patties, taco meat, diced chicken for a chicken sandwich, whatever. Get creative.
In this pic, I used ground elk for the burger and the taco, which is a fave of mine. For the sandwich, I used chicken breast. Pick from these or ground turkey, whichever you prefer.
Then, I get together my topping for the taco, burger or chicken sandwich, top it, or mix it and ENJOY it.
Share below which ways you use this sweet potato recipe!
If you have fitness goals but have no clue what your calories or meal plan should be, let me know and we can see if your goals match our philosophy and we can start "Doing the 180°" together! Until then, Click here to share the info needed and I will create a personalized calorie and macro plan for you FREE!